I am always looking for recipes that are easy, after working full time and fighting traffic. I just want to get home to my family and not have to spend a lot of time on dinner. This is such a perfect dish for that, easy and so good! This is the perfect dish when you are craving both of them together.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 1lb raw shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails removed (I purchase the frozen bags from the grocery store)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced – divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 4 OZ. DRY LINGUINE
1. Place the shrimp in a bowl and add one teaspoon of garlic, the lemon zest and the vegetable oil. Stir and let that marinate while your pasta cooks.
2. Cook the pasta according the package instructions, but cook for 1 minute less than instructed.
3. The last 3 minutes of the pasta cooking, heat the butter in a large skillet until it foams. Add the remaining garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp with the marinade and cook for 30 seconds, or until the shrimp are just turning pink.
4. Add the basil and stir to combine.
5. Drain the pasta and add it directly to the page. You do have to work quickly or else your shrimp will over cook.
6. Spritz of lemon juice and Enjoy!
The original recipe can be found here. I opt out of saving cooking liquid and adding Parmesan on top. 🙂 Overall, this is a must try! It’s great for the whole family or prefect for a quick and easy stay home date night dinner. My boyfriend loves when I make it.